B. Robert Allard
Phone: (408) 289-1417
Phone: (408) 298-7200
96 N 3rd St #620
San Jose, California 95112
B. Robert Allard is committed to using the law to obtain fair compensation and civil justice for his clients, and to also create a safer environment for all. Mr. Allard has been honored for representing victims of amateur swimming sexual abuse and also represents other childhood molestation victims.
Two of the swimming world’s leading publications have recognized Mr. Allard’s legal work on behalf of victims. In 2014, Swimming World named Mr. Allard one of the ten most influential people in the sport while in 2012, SwimSwam named Mr. Allard “Person of the Year.”
In selecting Mr. Allard as "2012 Person of the Year" over Olympic gold medal swimmers Missy Franklin and Ryan Lochte, SwimSwam writes, “His legacy in the sport will be one that won’t be counted until years from now when the dust has settled.”
Mr. Allard has led an ongoing four-year battle against USA Swimming, the organization that selects our U.S. Olympic swim team, to remove predator coaches from amateur sports.
Not only has Mr. Allard forced the U.S. Olympic Committee to centralize and standardize background checks across all Olympic sports, thereby affecting the safety of approximately one million athletes, but also he has led the first known legal team to successfully present claims against USA Swimming for victims of sexual abuse. Representing Victims of Sexual AbuseRepresenting Victims of Sexual Abuse
"Helping children and their families recover from the evils of sex abuse and other traumatic events."
Mr. Allard has represented children and their families in several high public interest sex abuse cases, including family of Audrie Pott of Saratoga, CA. Audrie Pott tragically committed suicide after she was sexually assaulted while unconscious, then subsequently publicly humiliated by her assailants.
Mr. Allard intends to increase awareness of the childhood sexual abuse epidemic that afflicts our country and develop regulations which will force both public and private entitles to better screen and supervise those who have access to children. Indeed, over the past three years, Mr. Allard has worked diligently with legislators at the local, state and federal level to enact laws to protect children not only from sex abuse but other traumatic events. In the past four years Mr. Allard has worked directly with legislators for the passage of “Audrie’s Law” and for the elimination of arbitrary time limits that help predators and their enablers evade criminal and/or civil justice accountability.
In 2017, Mr. Allard settled a case for $8.25 million for three girls who were molested by a fifth-grade teacher between 2012 and 2014.
In addition to sexual abuse matters, Mr. Allard has also represented children when they have been injured by negligence of others:
- He secured one of the largest settlements, if not the largest, for a single personal injury claim in the history of Santa Clara County by holding the driver of an SUV along with a construction crew financially responsible for severe brain injuries suffered by an 11-year-old child.
- Mr. Allard, along with co-counsel Lauren Cerri, secured what is believed to be a record Monterey County jury verdict to hold the State of California accountable for failing to fix a known dangerous highway condition that led to the tragic death of a young child.
- He also secured a Multimillion-Dollar settlement in a Calaveras County amusement park accident and forced the ride manufacturer to recall the carnival ride, which had collapsed while full of child passengers.
J.D., University of San Francisco Law School, 1994
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1991
Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association
Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors
Santa Clara County Bar Association
American Association for Justice
- Santa Clara County Attorney of the Year, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2010-Present
- Rated by Super Lawyers, 2009-Present
- Award of Meritorious Service, Consumer Attorneys of California, 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating