Public transportation is supposed to be a convenient and safe way to travel. Bus drivers have a heightened duty to their passengers and the public. Much like other public transportation operators, operators of public buses are required to take special and extensive precautions to prevent injuries to their passengers as well as the general public.
Have you been injured while boarding, riding, or coming into contact with a public bus? The lawyers at Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P. will relentlessly pursue your claim and expose every last source of compensation. You do not pay us unless we win your case.Common Carrier Liability
A common carrier is an entity or organization who has a business that transports people from one place to another for a fee. Because they serve the general public, they are expected to take safety precautions and can be held liable for failing to maintain those safety precautions more readily than a normal citizen driving a car. The duty of a common carrier is elevated in that it is required to provide the utmost care and diligence with respect to passengers and the general public.
When our lawyers take your case, we will help you prove that:
- The defendant owed you the duty in accordance with common carrier liability;
- The defendant breached that duty;
- The breach was the proximate cause of your injuries; and
- That you suffered legally recognized damages.
Strict liability does not apply to common carriers like bus drivers. This means that our legal team will get to work on gathering all of the evidence available to help us prove your claim. That evidence may include but is not limited to:
- Eyewitness Testimony:People who saw your accident may be able to testify about the circumstances surrounding how you got injured. That may include other passengers on the bus, other members of the general public, or anyone available who has testimony relevant to your case.
- Expert Testimony:We may employ the use of an expert witness. An expert witness will help us establish how your injuries were a proximate result of the negligence on behalf of the bus driver. An expert witness may also help us establish the extent of your injuries as well as the cost associated with your recovery process.
- Traffic Camera Footage:If your injury happened at a busy intersection, there may be traffic camera footage available documenting it.
Common carrier accidents do not occur frequently, but when they do, they can be catastrophic. An example would be a bus driver pulling away before you have fully entered the bus, causing you to fall and be injured. This example can be catastrophic when the victim is either very young or elderly, as his or her vulnerability to injury is heightened.Northern California Bus Accident Attorneys
An injury caused by a negligent bus driver can cause life-altering injuries. There is no reason for you not to pursue just compensation to aid in your recovery. Contact your Northern California bus accident attorneys at Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P. at (408) 289-1417.