Work Vehicle Accidents
Being seriously injured or fatally injured while driving for work can be devastating. There are so many questions to consider. Should you file a workers' compensation claim? Can you pursue a personal injury claim? If your family member died as a result of their injuries, you may wonder if you can pursue a wrongful death case. Thankfully, there is an advocate standing by to help decide the best course of action.
Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P. is a leading personal injury firm serving Monterey, California. Our attorneys can properly assess the circumstances of your matter and advise you on the merits of pursuing a workers' comp or workplace personal injury claim. In some cases, it is even plausible to file dual claims, especially when there are culpable parties in addition to your employer.Reputable Workplace Injuries and Accidents Representation in Monterey, CA
Whether you drive for a living or must occasionally drive for work, you have the right to be compensated for injuries sustained in work-related accidents. Even if you are partially responsible for the accident, you may still have options for recovery. Handling the legal aspect of workplace injuries can be complex; having an experienced personal injury lawyer is vital.
Our workplace injuries and accidents attorneys have strong experience investigating on-the-job work vehicle accidents including, but not limited to:
- Hauling vehicles: This category includes vehicles used to move large items from one area to another, such as tractor trailers, semis, dump trucks, flatbeds, vehicle haulers, moving vans, and armored cars.
- Construction equipment: Also known as heavy equipment, this category includes any mobile construction vehicles such as bulldozers, cranes, excavators, loaders, pavers, backhoes, and tractors.
- Warehouse equipment: These are vehicles typically driven in warehouse settings such as forklifts, utility vehicles, order pickers, and personnel transporters.
- Public and private transportation: This includes people movers such as school buses, city buses, trolleys, trains, limousines, and taxi cabs.
- Public works vehicles: Garbage trucks, street cleaners, and tree trimmers fall under this category.
- Delivery vehicles: This covers mail/package delivery trucks and vehicles that deliver food or other goods.
- Aviation vehicles: Any vehicle that flies including planes, helicopters, and blimps.
- Emergency vehicles: Police cars, police motorcycles, police bicycles, fire engines, ambulances, tactical vehicles, Segways, and other emergency response transportation are included.
This list is not exhaustive, but represents many types of vehicles used for work. We also represent individuals who were authorized to handle work tasks with personal vehicles. If you experience any injury while driving for work, you must seek the counsel of a skilled personal injury attorney.Maximizing Compensation for Workplace Injuries
Recovering from serious injuries often requires great expense for the extensive medical care and treatment needed. Our firm is known for identifying and holding responsible parties accountable including third party agencies, general contractors, subcontractors, commercial property owners, homeowners, and product makers and manufacturers. Doing so increases the opportunities to receive the compensation you need and deserve.
If you or a loved one has been seriously or fatally injured in a work vehicle accident, please contact our firm at (408) 298-7200 to set up a free, initial consultation. We will discuss the details of your matter and give you sound guidance on the next steps to take. Our staff is fluent in English and Spanish. We serve the Monterey area including Pacific Grove, Carmel, Salinas, Watsonville, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Soquel, Scotts Valley, Marina, Hollister, San Benito County, and Monterey Bay.