You may not have been prepared for a car accident, but we are prepared to help you in its wake. At the personal injury law firm of Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P., we respond quickly and work tirelessly to pursue positive, outstanding results for our clients. When you choose one of our attorneys to handle your personal injury concerns, you can expect immediate action, honest assessment of your case details, and a solid approach to recovering the compensation you deserve.
We collect as much evidence as possible, quickly and accurately. Our award-winning attorneys work with a team of professionals in medicine, investigation, and accident reconstruction to gather the right information to help build your case. Our experience and work is widely respected among our peers in Northern California, and we use that experience to fully represent your interests in car accident matters.
Your actions and words are critical to the outcome of your case following a car accident. As you navigate through the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident, please remember to:
- Seek medical attention: Call 911. Even if you feel all right, let medical professionals assess your condition. If you decide not to go in an ambulance, see your regular doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries do not manifest immediately.
- Exchange information: Do not leave the scene without exchanging information to avoid being improperly charged with a hit and run. Gather insurance and identifying information from all involved parties, whether or not local police or California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers are present. If possible, take pictures of the scene.
- Control your communication: Limit your statements to law enforcement, insurance representatives, and other involved parties. Only provide the necessary details. Remain respectful and cooperative with police, but do not offer any information that will help assign fault. When dealing with insurance companies or other parties in the accident, allow your attorney to speak on your behalf. Do not make any verbal or written promises or sign an agreement to pay for damages without consulting with your car accident lawyer.
- File an accident report: Within ten days, you must file an accident report (Form SR 1) to the California Department of Motor Vehicles if there are injuries or fatalities, or if vehicle property damage is estimated to exceed $750.
- Notify your insurance company: Report the accident immediately, but refrain from making any official statements about the event until you speak with your attorney.
After the accident, you may have questions about medical bills, lost wages, and car repairs. In some cases, your car may be a total loss. Our car accident attorneys can answer any questions you may have and help you deal with issues that arise going forward.Recovering Maximum Compensation for Car Accident Victims
After an accident, emotions are high. Your immediate recollection may not properly communicate the incident. We will help you build a structured response. We will pursue the maximum compensation possible through skilled negotiation or litigation. Whether you are in an at-fault, partial fault, or no-fault situation, we will walk through your options and help you understand the process. We have consistent success helping Monterey residents through car accident claims resulting in traumatic injury and loss of life. Let us help you navigate this challenging time.
Contact us at (408) 298-7200 to schedule an initial consultation regarding your car accident matter. Our staff is fluent in English and Spanish. We serve the Monterey Bay Area including Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Salinas, Watsonville, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Soquel, and Scotts Valley, as well as Hollister and San Benito County.