Timothy D. McMahon
TIMOTHY D. McMAHON graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Santa Clara School of Law (1984). He received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara in Pharmacology with High Honors. He specializes in civil litigation with an emphasis in plaintiff's personal injury. He has several verdicts and settlements that are among the largest in the state for the injury or claim involved. Mr. McMahon is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) an invitation only organization which recognizes the top trial attorneys in the country. He currently sits on the Board of Governors for the Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. McMahon is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell*. He is rated Superb (10/10), a perfect score, by AVVO an independent lawyer rating service. Since 2008, Mr. McMahon has been selected as Northern California Super Lawyer in Plaintiffs personal injury. Only the top 5% of attorneys are so designated.
In 2010 Mr. McMahon was named to the ”The Irish Legal 100,” a prestigious list of the top 100 Irish American Attorneys as published annually by the Irish Voice and Irish America magazine. The Irish Legal 100 seeks to honor the preeminent Irish-American attorneys in the United States and to give recognition to their Irish heritage. Other nominees of this select group include Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, Chief Justice John Roberts and New Jersey governor Chris Christie. Attorney Robert Allard, a partner with Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard, was also named to The Irish Legal 100 in 2010. McMahon’s grandparents are from County Clare and immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s.
In 2010 Mr. McMahon was selected as a finalist by the CAOC in their annual “Street Fighter of the Year Award," in recognition of his work in the field of Cyber bullying.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Plaintiff's
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1984
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California - 1984
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude as One of the Top Ten Students in the 1984 Graduating Class
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- Honors: High Honors
- Major: Pharmacology
Honors and Awards
- Trial Lawyer of the Year - Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association , 2013 - Present
- Northern California Super Lawyer (Plaintiffs Personal Injury), 2008 - 2010
- Nominee - Street Fighter of the Year for CAOC
- Top 100 Irish American Attorneys in U.S., 2010 - Present
- Rated Superb (10/10), a Perfect Score, by AVVO an Independent Lawyer Rating Service
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors